Architecting on aws
Intermediate, 3 Days
This course shows you the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. You learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how they fit into cloud-based solutions.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites
- Attended AWS Technical Essentials
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Core AWS concepts, knowledge, and services, including designing your environment and making your environment highly available
- Forklifting an existing application onto AWS
- Event-driven scaling
- Building a new environment
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Troubleshooting your environment
- Large-scale design patterns and case studies
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Leverage AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led discussion & demonstrations
- Web-based video, and hands-on lab exercises
The fee for this course is $2,050.00.
Cal Poly Alumni are eligible for a 10% discount.
California businesses may qualify for additional support via funding from the Employment Training Panel (ETP). The ETP discount is up to 50% off AWS training courses for your employees. To learn more and determine whether your company qualifies for ETP funding, please fill out the inquiry form.
About Architecting on AWS
Explore best practices and design patterns to help architect optimal IT solutions on AWS, then build and explore a variety of infrastructures through guided, hands-on activity.
Cal Poly is an AWS Academy Institution for several years now with authorized Academy instructors and acknowledged as the first university in the world to be an AWS Authorized Training Partner.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for:
Solution Design Engineers