Cal Poly AWS Training
Get a FREE introduction to Amazon Web Services from one of the only organizations that is authorized to deliver it.
As an Amazon Web Services Authorized Training Partner, Cal Poly is excited to offer a free opportunity to learn about AWS cloud fundamentals.
AWS Discovery Days are one-day, three-hour training sessions designed to introduce AWS cloud computing concepts and foundational infrastructure services. You’ll learn from Cal Poly professors, who are authorized AWS instructors, and gain insight into Cal Poly’s AWS Training program and courses.
At Cal Poly’s AWS Discovery Days, you will learn how to:
- Define the cloud and how it works
- Explain the benefits of the AWS Cloud
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the cloud
- Compare the different methods of interacting with AWS
- Describe and differentiate between AWS service domains
- Gain a deeper understanding of AWS core services
- Explain the shared responsibility model
- Describe security services with the AWS Cloud
- Identify AWS management services and their use
“Discovery Days provide the perfect opportunity for students to gain an overall understanding of AWS Cloud and AWS Cloud terminology so that they can decide in which direction to steer their future career. Participants will benefit from being taught by Cal Poly professors as well as testing out our motto of Learn by Doing.”
– Dianna Previs, Director of Programming for Cal Poly Extended Education.
Choose from two Discovery Day sessions
September 22, 2021
Cal Poly Zoom
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (PT)
To register for April 14th session, complete this form
October 20, 2021
Cal Poly Zoom
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (PT)
Registration is mandatory to attend these sessions so please submit your details to secure your spot.
AWS Discovery Days Agenda
Module 1: Introduction to the Cloud and AWS
- Benefits of cloud computing
- Cloud computing components
- Cloud computing deployment models
- Who uses AWS?
Module 2: Overview of AWS Services
- AWS core services
- How to access AWS services
Module 3: Security and Compliance Overview
- Overview of security
- Shared responsibility model
- AWS security services
- AWS compliance
Module 4: Introduction to Cloud Management
- Enable stage
- Provision stage
- Operate stage
- AWS management and governance services