Systems Operations on AWS
Intermediate, 3 Days
Systems Operations on AWS is designed to help new and existing AWS customers build and operate highly available, scalable, and reliable applications using the AWS Cloud.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites
- Working knowledge of systems administration
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Command line experience
- AWS Components
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Compute (Virtualization, AZs, EC2 Instance Capacity Types, Elastic Load Balancing)
- Storage (Ephemeral, EBS, S3, Glacier)
- Network (RDS, Elasticache)
- Hands-on Labs: Run Instances, VPC
- Static web content hosting (S3, CloudFront)
- Log Delivery
- Monitoring ( SNS, SES, CloudWatch)
- Cloudwatch Console/CLI
- Custom Metrics
- Auto Scaling
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Hands-On Labs: S3 and CloudFront, CloudFormation PHP w/Elastic Beanstalk, Alarm in CloudWatch
- API Pages and Operations
- AWS Access Control: IAM
- Management (OpsWorks, CloudFormation)
- Backup (AWS and On Premises, S3/Glacier)
- Logging and Billing
- Hands-On Labs: Log Pushing to S3, IAM, Backup/Restore using CloudFormation
This course teaches you how to:
- Run, stop, and terminate instances
- Determine and deploy appropriate Storage services
- Create EC2 -VPC subnets
- Monitor and inspect CloudWatch metrics related to your AWS resources
- Use AWS CloudFormation to automate builds and deployment
- Configure network Access Control Lists and network Security Groups
- Use tagging to group costs
- Set up web delivery logging for analysis
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led discussion & demonstrations
- Web-based video, and hands-on lab exercises
The fee for this course is $2,050.00.
Cal Poly Alumni are eligible for a 10% discount.
California businesses may qualify for additional support via funding from the Employment Training Panel (ETP). The ETP discount is up to 50% off AWS training courses for your employees. To learn more and determine whether your company qualifies for ETP funding, please fill out the inquiry form.
About Systems Operations on AWS
The Systems Operations on AWS course will teach you how to build processes by understanding key elements of application deployment, performance, and operations of AWS cloud resources.
Cal Poly is an AWS Academy Institution with authorized Academy instructors as well as the first university in the world to be an AWS Authorized Training Partner.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for:
System administrators and others responsible for managing operations on the AWS platform.