Security Engineering on AWS
Intermediate, 3 Days
Security Engineering on AWS demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure and compliant in the AWS cloud. The course focuses on the AWS-recommended security best practices that you can implement to enhance the security of your data and systems in the cloud.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites
- Attended AWS Security Fundamentals
- Experience with governance, risk, and compliance regulations and control objectives
- Working knowledge of IT security practices
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Introduction to Cloud Security
- Security of the AWS Cloud
- Cloud Aware Governance and Compliance
- Identity and Access Management
- Securing AWS Infrastructure Services
- Securing AWS Container Services
- Securing AWS Abstracted Services
- Using AWS Security Services
- Data Protection in the AWS Cloud
- Building Compliant Workloads on AWS—Case Study
- Security Incident Management in the Cloud
This course teaches you how to:
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared security responsibility model
- Mange user identity and access management in the AWS cloud
- Use AWS security services such as AWS Identity and Access Management, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Key Management Service, AWS CloudHSM, and AWS Trusted Advisor
- Implement better security controls for your resources in the AWS cloud
- Manage and audit your AWS resources from a security perspective
- Monitor and log access and usage of AWS compute, storage, networking, and database services
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared compliance responsibility model
- Identify AWS services and tools to help automate, monitor, and manage security operations on AWS
- Perform security incident management in the AWS cloud
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led discussion & demonstrations
- Web-based video, and hands-on lab exercises
The fee for this course is $2,050.00.
Cal Poly Alumni are eligible for a 10% discount.
California businesses may qualify for additional support via funding from the Employment Training Panel (ETP). The ETP discount is up to 50% off AWS training courses for your employees. To learn more and determine whether your company qualifies for ETP funding, please fill out the inquiry form.
About Security Engineering on AWS
The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. This course also refers to the common security control objectives and regulatory compliance standards and examines use cases for running regulated workloads on AWS across different verticals, globally. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation and continuous monitoring—taking your security operations to the next level.
Cal Poly is an AWS Academy Institution with authorized Academy instructors as well as the first university in the world to be an AWS Authorized Training Partner.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for:
Individuals who are responsible for governing, auditing, and testing an organization’s IT infrastructure, and ensuring conformity of the infrastructure to security, risk, and compliance guidelines.